17-year-old Tyler Bennett collapsed at his football ground at Tea Tree Gully and it was the quick thinking of bystanders that administered CPR and used the onsite Club defibrillator that saved his life.
As reported through the Adelaide Now news website, Tyler collapsed just before halftime at his teams game against Brighton. An award playing for the Tea Tree Gully District Football Club, Tyler was in great physical shape due to his constant training and shocked family and team mates when he suddenly collapsed.
“We don’t know why it happened,” Tylers mum commented. “He was feeling normal, was ready to go, did his normal routine and played a normal game.”
Tylers heart had stopped and it was only due to the quick actions of the club members from both teams who immediately commenced CPR before using the Tea Tree Gully club’s defibrillator to stabilize him. Tyler was in a coma for 48 hours after the incident and has now fully recovered.
Thanks to the CPR training and access to a defibrillator, Tyler is still here to kick the footy around.
If you would like more information on our First Aid Accident and Emergency CPR Courses and Defibrillators, contact our head office today.